Espadrilles Making – Oct 13, 20 or Nov 3, 2018
Imagine … making your own shoes!
In this one-day workshop, you will use a basic sewing machine to put together the canvas tops for your espadrilles, complete with interfacing and lining. Then, you will learn the mattress stitch using a waxed cotton yarn. You will spend the afternoon perfecting the skill by hand stitching the tops of your espadrilles to the rubber-bottomed jute soles. If you don’t finish in class, I will send you home with all you need to complete the project.
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 20, or November 3
- Time: 10:30 – 4:00 – Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to settle in
- Place: The Sewing Studio @ my home, Village of Gagetown, NB
- Cost: $65 (+ $20 for espadrilles kit, 2 kits for $33). Advance payment is required to reserve your spot.
- All tools and supplies are provided (sewing machine, fabric, yarn, thread, and needles)
- Bring a lunch – cofee/tea provided
- This worshop is for 2 to 4 students
- Please indicate your shoe size at registration to reserve yours as sizes are limited.
Contact me if you have questions – Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-868-0550 (cell and text)